1. We're going on a "Road Trip" to Jacksonville and St. Augustine to see my brother. It's going to be great because I've been non-stop working. It'll be nice to get a break. My aunt, who helped raise me, is very ill. I've been helping my mom take care of her so that my mom can work and stay in school. Yup, she's back in college, and I'm so proud of her! To honor my brother's return from Japan I made a Navy Passage FREEBIE using a passage from my May Text Evidence Passage Unit. It's funny but something I noticed when I went into the unit is that I've matured in product quality. Needless to say I'm going in there next week to update, tweak and just make it better. There's always room for improvement right!
2. I haven't blogged in a while because I've been helping my husband with an Interactive Reading Notebook for Common Core Literature and Informational Text for Third Grade. While it was a lot of work I have to say that it is worth it. Every Interactive Notebooking resource we are able to furnish other teachers is great! I was an Instructional/ Academic Coach for two years so while I did miss the classroom I learned a lot. One of the roles of an Instructional Coach is to conduct trainings after going to trainings. That I did! I was being trained, training, and tired! Yup, I said it! Training is a lot of work. What I mean to say is… Facilitating a training is a lot of work. There's a lot of research behind Interactive Notebooking to support the fact that you are able to reach multiple intelligences. Last year I only used interactive notebooks for math. My kids loved their notebooks! They used their Interactive Notebooks as anchors and showed them off to their parents at every conference I had in October and November. I noticed how proud they were and started letting them take them home regularly. Sometimes when you do something like that and let kids take things home they don't return. Nope, that wasn't the case here. They all returned. The kids developed a sense of self efficacy and ownership of their Interactive Notebooks.
Take a look at this Third Grade Interactive Reading Notebook posted yesterday. All items are at 50% off the first 48 hours of listing so if you like it pick it up before the price goes up. It's 127 pages of intense Common Core Literature, Informational Text and Foundational Skill dissection. Every page comes pre-filled and blank so you can tweak to fit your needs or save time by printing the pre-filled. It's called a "Toolkit" because that is what it is! A unit that is full of TOOLS plural tools for each Literature, Informational Text and Foundational Skill Standard. Many of the standards have several parts that need to be broken down for little ones. This unit covers 100% of the Reading Standards for Third Grade: Literature, Informational Text, and Foundational Skills. Interactive Notebooks are research based tools for teachers and students!!!
The "Traits and Feelings" page was made after much debate and research!
A really good thing about Interactive Notebooks is that you can use it as an intervention tool for RTI or PST. Not to be confused with data tracking just an intervention.
3. Here's another item for intervention, again not data tracking, just intervention. It's for High-Frequency Word/ Sight Word Fluency. Take a look at the freebie below. It's for the Fry Words and comes as a complete set with and without editable pages. The font is embedded. Enjoy!
4. Here's another freebie for Labor Day! I'm so, so, so excited to be going on a much needed mini-vacation to see my sailor bro in Jax.
5. My last Five for Friday is my little frowny, grumpy face because this week I learned that some people are just mean. That's right! I said it! I'm talking about those TpTers that leave unkind/ harsh/ disrespecting feedback. This week I was incredibly irritated to find that not one, but two people left harsh comments and negative ratings for someone's hard work. I can't believe some people. The nerve! Instead sending an email they just go on and post some incredibly negative words. I don't know about you but the ratings mean the world to some of us. It's funny how just one person's ratings can affect you. Oh well I guess! Just need to deal with it.
On a lighter note: Check out all the FANTABULOUS resources these other bloggers are sharing. The best part about blogging is the sharing! Just click the images below to get started taking a look at all the other bloggers out there.
Okay now! I haven't done this in a while so I'm a little rusty but if you Pin to Win any of the Interactive Reading Notebook images you may win it! No catch! Just pin the image using the "Pin" button and post the image address in the comment section along with your email and three winners will be selected on Monday.