Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pin to Win Veteran's Day Worksheets

Hi there! Veteran's Day means so much to me. My husband and I have a rich history with the military. His dad served in the Navy for 22 years. My dad was at Camp Victory in Iraq. Currently I have several cousins stationed across the world. My brother, who is in the Navy, just finished a tour in Japan. I created this unit to honor our family. At first I wasn't going to create anything for Veteran's Day but then I remembered my Memorial Day unit and I just switched the words, reformatted the graphics, and tweaked here and there. Take a look at some pics of my latest creation product to honor this precious holiday. 

Spread over 110 pages you will find differentiated math to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, filling in a 100's chart, making a calendar, counting coins, and more. You will also find activities for foundational skills such as prefixes, suffixes, word sorts, and a building words with dog tags center. Differentiated writing prompts and passages for Close Reading about the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and of course Veteran's Day. One mini-book and one full page book. The full page is in color and black line. A simple glyph, vocabulary cards, and classroom decor will certainly help recognize this significant holiday. 


Having already used these passages I will tell you that they are definitely HIGH INTEREST for boys. The passages come from my May Close Reading Unit and the Veteran's Day Passage comes from my November Close Reading Unit



Pin to win this unit or anything $20 or under from my TpT Store. 
I will choose a winner tomorrow afternoon. 



Thank you to everyone that entered on Google +. 
Melissa H. send me an email at teacher247@icloud.com with your selections. 

2 comments :

  1. Thanks so much to all of your family members who have served and are currently serving. I just shared this on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother in law and other family in the Philippines. They are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

    Melissa
    A Teaspoon of Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.